Help build substrate that will be used to build functional oyster habitat capable of keeping up with sea level rise. 6 volunteers are needed each day to mix concrete and roll burlap through the concrete. This is labor intensive work that requires volunteers to spend hours bending over and lifting 10-15 lbs.
Wear old clothes and shoes you don’t mind getting dirty. The work will take place at the Brownsville Shop near the office in Nassawadox.
- Thursday April 15: 12:00 - 3:00 pm (2 more volunteers needed)
- Friday April 16: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm (3 more volunteers needed)
- Monday May 3: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Tuesday, May 4: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Wednesday May 5: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Monday May 17: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Tuesday May 18: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Tuesday June 1: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Wednesday June 2: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Thursday June 3: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Friday June 4: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
To sign up, contact Jen Dalke, volunteer program manager, at email@example.com, 540-335-1302 (c). Volunteers must read and sign our COVID field guidelines and health screening questions. Guidelines include having a mask readily accessible if working less than 6' apart, bringing hand sanitizer and confirming you have health insurance.