March 13, 2020
Friends and supporters:
We've been listening to and researching guidance from the Center for Disease Control and public health experts and are taking extra precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Until further notice, TNC preserves in Texas are now closed to the public. We’ll be updating all of our digital channels in real time with current schedules and information. The health and safety of our members and supporters is our highest priority—thank you for understanding!
Take a trip to Independence Creek Preserve! This West Texas treasure offers visitors opportunities for camping, swimming, hiking, birding, fishing and more.
2020 Open Preserve Day Schedule
- July 24-26
- September 5
Guests will be required to sign in and out at the pavilion within the preserve headquarters upon arrival and departure. Overnight camping space in designated areas will be available for guests who make reservations prior to the event. Reservations ensure that a camping spot is available for your group, but specific locations will be given out on a first come, first serve basis. Reservations will be taken no sooner than 45 days prior to each weekend event. Information needed for reservations:
- a single contact person for the group
- # of individuals in your group
- # of tents/ camper-trailers in your group
- nights that you plan to camp
- camp location - remote or headquarters
- High clearance vehicles are suggested outside of the headquarters area.
- Only camp stoves are allowed, and campfires are prohibited.
- Guests should bring their own food and drinks and plan to take their trash home with them.
- Visitors also should bring towels and swimwear, binoculars, sunscreen, a hat and plenty of water to drink.
- Anglers must bring their own fishing gear and only artificial lures or worms are permitted--NO live bait.
- Firearms, stereos and TVs are prohibited during the event.
- For safety reasons, children must be supervised by their parents or other designated adults.
- No pets of any kind are permitted on the preserve.
For directions and more information, please contact Sergio Gonzalez at firstname.lastname@example.org.