The Kettle Creek Environmental Education Center invites visitors to join a guided public walk of TNC's Tannersville Cranberry Bog Preserve. Explore the floating boardwalk and the surrounding area. Along the way, environmental educators will explain the bog’s formation, its interesting plant and animal life and the role the local preserve committee and TNC play in its continued protection.
Registration is required. Please see below for details.
Weekly Wednesday Walks
- 10:00 a.m.—June 8 through September 7
- 1:00 p.m.—September 14 through November 9
- Sunday, May 15—1:00 p.m.
- Saturday, June 11—2:00 p.m.
- Sunday, July 10—11:00 a.m.
- Saturday, August 13—2:00 p.m.
- Sunday, September 11—11:00 a.m.
- Saturday, October 15—2:00 p.m.
Wednesday Bog Experiences
- Bird Photography: May 4—7:00 a.m.
- Bird Migration: May 11—7:00 a.m.
- Bog Wildlife: May 18—7:00 a.m.
- Bog Wildflowers: May 25—7:00 a.m.
Thursday Sunset Walks
- June 16—7:00 p.m.
- July 14—7:00 p.m.
- August 18—7:00 p.m.
The cost is $5 per person. Participants are encouraged to bring exact change or a check to pay for program fees. Walks are held rain or shine—raincoats are preferred instead of umbrellas. Visitors should wear comfortable, closed-toed shoes. You may get wet feet!
Tours last 2 1/2 hours. Space is limited and pre-registration is required; walk-ups will not be accepted.
Meet at the Tannersville Bog parking lot on Cherry Lane Road, 1.9 miles from Route 611 in Tannersville.
All walks will follow current CDC and state requirements for COVID-19 safety.
- All participants must wear a mask.
- Anyone who is feeling ill is asked not to attend.
For more information or to register, call the Kettle Creek Environmental Education Center at 570-629-3061.