Experience our preserves first hand and behind-the-scenes. Northeast Ohio preserves are a mix of wetlands, fields and forest. Help TNC staff and experienced volunteers to protect and manage these important habitats.
2020 Volunteer Work Days at Northeast Ohio Nature Preserves
Flatiron Lake Bog Preserve, Portage County
- May 2 - Invasive species pulling
J. Arthur Herrick Fen Preserve, near Streetsboro
- September 19 - Invasive Pull
- September 26 - Guided Hike
Walnut Beach Park, near Ashtabula
- September 12 - Native Seed Collection
- October 17 - Native Seed Collection
Brown's Lake Bog Preserve, near Shreve
- June 20 - 1:00-3:00pm - Natural History of Brown's Lake Bog Hike; hosted by the County Line Historical Society
- October 10 - Boardwalk updates
Please be aware, these dates and work plans change periodically.
Sign up: To sign up for a project, contact our Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com or 614-339-8114 and indicate the project location and date you would like to attend. Once you are signed up for a project you will be connected with regional staff and/or leadership volunteers who will provide you with all necessary details the week prior to the project date.
You must sign up before getting more information on the project such as the meeting location and where to park.
Can't make it to any of these dates? We also have some opportunities to volunteer on your own time across Ohio. Contact our Volunteer Coordinator for more infomation - firstname.lastname@example.org