Experience the 2,000-acre Morgan Swamp Preserve first hand and behind-the-scenes. The preserve is a mix of wetlands, fields and forest. Help TNC staff and experienced volunteers to protect and manage these important habitats.
2020 Volunteer Work Days at Morgan Swamp
- Feb 20 - Lake Erie College Lodge Clean up
- March 21 - Callender Clean Up and Volunteer Kick Off Event at Morgan Swamp
- May 23 - Boundary Marking
- July 18 - Float and Paddle Party
- July 25 - Invasive Removal
- August 15 - Invasive Removal
- December 12 - Deer Exclosure
Please be aware, the listed dates and work plans change periodically.
Sign Up: To sign up for a project or to be added to periodic emails regarding work days, contact our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-339-8114 and indicate the project location and date you would like to attend. Once you are signed up for a project you will be connected with regional staff and/or leadership volunteers who will provide you with all necessary details the week prior to the project date.
You must sign up before getting more information on the project such as the meeting location and where to park.
Can't make it to any of these dates? We also have some opportunities to volunteer on your own time in northeast Ohio. Contact our Volunteer Coordinator for more information: email@example.com
- Nature Center staff volunteer at The Dr. James K. Bissell Nature Center. Year round, Flexible schedule
- Regular preserve stewards to remove invasive plants. Year round, Flexible schedule.
- Demonstration Garden maintenance. Weekly, March-November, Flexible schedule.
- Community outreach at local preserves or special events. Flexible schedule.