Experience the 1000-acre Kitty Todd Nature Preserve first hand and behind-the-scenes. The preserve is a complex of oak savanna and wet prairie that developed on sand and clay deposited by glacial Lake Warren, the ancient predecessor of present day Lake Erie. Help TNC staff and experienced volunteers to protect and manage these important habitats.
2020 Volunteer Work Days at Kitty Todd Nature Preserve
- May 2 - TBD
- May 11-17 - BLUE WEEK Check out www.oakopenings.org for details on Blue Week Events. Or email Ashlee Decker firstname.lastname@example.org to see how you can help!
- June 6 - Invasive Control with Herbicide Use
- June 20 - Native Seed Collection
- July 18 - Invasive Control with Herbicide Use
- August - Invasive Control with Herbicide Use
- August 15 - Invasive Control with Herbicide Use
- September 5 - Invasive Control with Herbicide Use
- September 19 - Native Seed Collection
- October 3 - Native Seed Collection
- October 17 - Native Seed Collection
- November 7 - Native Seed Collection
- November 21 - Woody Encroachment Control
- December 5 - Woody Encroachment Control
- December 19 - Kitty Todd Holiday Gathering
Please be aware, these dates and work plans change periodically.
Sign up: To sign up for a project, contact our Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com or 614-339-8114 and indicate the project location and date you would like to attend. Once you are signed up for a project you will be connected with regional staff and/or leadership volunteers who will provide you with all necessary details the week prior to the project date.
You must sign up before getting more information on the project such as the meeting location and where to park.
Can't make it to any of these dates? We also have some opportunities to volunteer on your own time in northwest Ohio. Contact our Volunteer Coordinator for more infomation - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Regular preserve stewards to remove invasive plants. Year round, Flexible schedule.
- Demonstration Garden maintenance. Weekly, March-November, Flexible schedule.
- Community outreach at local preserves or special events. Flexible schedule.
- Hike Leader and naturalist. First Saturday of each month May-October.