Experience the 20,000 acre Edge of Appalachia Preserve System first hand and behind-the-scenes. Help TNC staff and experienced volunteers to protect and manage these important habitats.
2020 Volunteer Work Days at the Edge
- January 21 - Prairie cutting & herbicide application
- February 5 - Chain Saw Day
- February 20 - Prairie cutting & herbicide application
- March 11 - Chain Saw Day
- March 21 - Van Pool for Trails (Transportation from Cincinnati & Columbus available)
- April 8 - Trail work
- May 6 - American Chestnut upkeep
- June 11 - Trail work
- September 9 - American Chestnut upkeep
- October 7 - Prairie cutting & herbicide application
- October 17 - Van Pool for Trails (Transportation from Cinncinnati & Columbus available)
- November 18 - Prairie cutting & herbicide application
- December 16 - Prairie cutting & herbicide application
Please be aware, these dates and work plans change periodically.
Sign up: To sign up for a project, contact our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-339-8114 and indicate the project location and date you would like to attend. Once you are signed up for a project you will be connected with regional staff and/or leadership volunteers who will provide you with all necessary details the week prior to the project date.
You must sign up before getting more information on the project such as the meeting location and where to park.