Experience the 900-acre Big Darby Creek Headwaters Preserve first hand and behind-the-scenes. The preserve is a mix of wetlands, streams, fields and forest. Help TNC staff and experienced volunteers to protect and manage these important habitats.
2019 Volunteer Work Days at Big Darby
- October 12 - Invasive removal with herbicide application
- November 2 - Invasive removal with herbicide application
- December 3 - Central Ohio Potluck! 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Please be aware, these dates and work plans change periodically.
Sign up: To sign up for a project, contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Angela Burke at email@example.com or 614-339-8114 and indicate the project location and date you would like to attend. Once you are signed up for a project you will be connected with regional staff and/or leadership volunteers who will provide you with all necessary details the week prior to the project date.
You must sign up before getting more information on the project such as the meeting location and where to park.
Can't make it to any of these dates? We also have some opportunities to volunteer on your own time in Central Ohio. Contact our Volunteer Coordinator for more information - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Biological Monitoring of pollinators at Big Darby Headwaters. April-October
- Trail and Natural Play Area Maintenance at Big Darby Headwaters. Year round, Flexible schedule.
- Regular preserve stewards to remove invasive plants at Big Darby Headwaters. Year round, Flexible schedule.
- General Office Assistance at TNC-Ohio Main Office location in Dublin. Year round, Flexible schedule.