Take a trip to Independence Creek Preserve this spring! This West Texas treasure is an amazing place to camp (weekends only) swim, hike, bird and catch-and-release in.
The preserve will be open from 3 pm Friday, to 12 pm (noon) on Sunday for each weekend event and from 9 am to 6 pm on the day-only events.
- March 22-24: Open Preserve Weekend
- May 11: Open Preserve Day
- July 26-28: Open Preserve Weekend
- September 7: Open Preserve Day
Guests will be required to sign in and out at the pavilion within the preserve headquarters upon arrival and departure. Overnight camping space in designated areas will be available for guests who make reservations prior to the event. Reservations ensure that a camping spot is available for your group, but specific locations will be given out on a first come, first serve basis. Reservations will be taken no sooner than 45 days prior to each weekend event. Information needed for reservations:
- a single contact person for the group
- # of individuals in your group
- # of tents/ camper-trailers in your group
- nights that you plan to camp
- camp location - remote or headquarters
- High clearance vehicles are suggested outside of the headquarters area.
- Only camp stoves are allowed, and campfires are prohibited.
- Guests should bring their own food and drinks and plan to take their trash home with them.
- Visitors also should bring towels and swimwear, binoculars, sunscreen, a hat and plenty of water to drink.
- Anglers must bring their own fishing gear and only artificial lures or worms are permitted--NO live bait.
- Firearms, stereos and TVs are prohibited during the event.
- For safety reasons, children must be supervised by their parents or other designated adults.
- No pets of any kind are permitted on the preserve.
For directions and more information, please contact Tino Pruneda at email@example.com.