Enjoy a self-guided evening stroll in the outdoors through the trails and beaches of Blowing Rocks Preserve to collect debris that has been washed ashore or left behind. Your contribution helps to beautify our beaches and prevent wildlife disasters. Volunteers will be instructed by preserve staff upon arrival and given collection supplies.
Prepare to spend the evening in the sun walking on uneven terrain, and keep in mind your feet always have the potential to get wet. Don’t forget to pack plenty of reusable water bottles to stay hydrated!
Free family-friendly volunteer opportunity! Advance registration is required, and space is limited to a maximum of 10 attendees.
Please note that all youth under the age of 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
To ensure the safety of volunteers, staff, and the community, the following COVID-19 related measures have been implemented:
- Social distancing must be observed at all times
- All participants must wear a proper facial covering, which may be removed when at the beach as long as social distancing is maintained.
- All participants must conduct a “self-certification” health check the day-of the event (form will be provided).
- All supplies will be sanitized prior to and immediately following the cleanup.
- Cleanups will take place after hours when the preserve has closed to the public.
- The Education Center is temporarily closed. Portable lavatories and a handwashing station is available for use in the west parking lot.
We highly recommend bringing your own face mask, reusable work gloves, and supply of hand sanitizer, however back-ups will be available if needed.