THIS EVENT IS NOW AT CAPACITY.
Thank you to everyone who has signed up. To be placed on a wait list please contact Jen Dalke, volunteer program manager, at email@example.com or 540-335-1302 (cell, text available).
Continue reading below for a list of dates and park locations.
Join The Nature Conservancy and Fairfax County Park Authority to clean up your watershed! Help keep trash and debris out of waterways that flow into the Chesapeake Bay.
This spring cleaning will remove tires, plastic bottles, cans and other debris from local waterways, preventing trash from reaching the nation’s largest estuary, the Chesapeake Bay.
- Providence RECenter, Falls Church
- Cub Run Stream Valley, Chantilly (Cub Run RECenter, London Towne, Lee Overlook, Sully Station I, Sully Station II, Isaac Walton, Virginia Run, Chalet Woods)
- Ellanor C. Lawrence, Chantilly
- George Washington RECenter, Alexandria
- Hidden Oaks @ Roundtree Park, Falls Church
- Hidden Pond Nature Center, Springfield
- Huntley Meadows Park, Alexandria
- Lake Accotink Park, Springfield
- Lake Fairfax Park, Reston
- Lemon Road Park, Falls Church
- Middleridge Park, Fairfax
- Pine Ridge Park, Annandale
- Ossian Hall Park, Annandale
- Sully Historic Site, Chantilly
- Woodglen Lake Park, Fairfax
- Riverbend Park, Great Falls
- Scott's Run Nature Preserve, McLean
- Arrowbrook Park, Herndon
- Dulles Rock Hill Park, Chantilly
- Merrybrook Run Stream Valley Park, Fairfax
- Royal Lake Park, Fairfax
Volunteers and staff came out in force in 2018 despite frigid temperatures and a threat of snow. 647 volunteers gave more than 1,700 hours of service at 10 different parks, cleaned 39 miles of stream, shoreline and trails, and collected an estimated 5.6 tons of trash - including a plastic pink flamingo and 1950’s vintage oven.
The volunteer effort provides a healthy checkup for local waterways and Fairfax County and, by recording what you remove, you’ll be helping scientists, ecologists and environmental organizations in their efforts to improve our environment.
Snacks, give-a-ways and other free, fun activities like historic house tours and educational opportunities will take place at the work sites.
For questions, additional information or to be placed on a wait list, please contact Jen Dalke, volunteer program manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-335-1302 (cell, text available).