You're invited! Join us on Virginia's beautiful Eastern Shore for The Nature Conservancy’s annual Holiday Open House at Brownsville Preserve.
Bring your family and friends for wagon rides around the preserve and holiday cheer by the campfire. Tour the historic Brownsville home, visit with Nature Conservancy staff, and warm up with goodies like apple cider, homemade sweets, and ham biscuits.
This event is free and open to the public. We hope you’ll join us December 6th!
Brownsville Preserve is located near Nassawadox, Virginia, approximately 25 miles north of the northern toll booth of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel. The Norfolk International Airport is approximately 75 minutes away; Salisbury, Maryland, is approximately 1 ½ hours north of Brownsville; and Washington, D.C., is approximately 4 hours north of Brownsville.
CBBT TOLL UPDATE: The one-way toll cost is now $13. Peak season pricing for travel Friday thru Sunday during May 15 thru September 15 is $15. Credit cards are accepted. For travelers using an EZ Pass, the cost of a return trip within 24-hours is $5. All toll discounts offered by the CBBT require the use of EZ Pass. For more information visit www.cbbt.com.
From Northern Virginia/Washington, D.C.:
- Take 495 North around Washington; after you enter Maryland, take Exit 19 for Route 50 East (John Hanson Highway)
- Follow Route 50 East across the Intercoastal Waterway, continuing to Salisbury, Maryland
- In Salisbury, pick up Route 13 South. Stay on Route 13 South into Virginia
- From Virginia state line travel approximately 55 miles to the Nassawadox stoplight
- Continue directions from Nassawadox stoplight at bottom of page
From Richmond, Norfolk, and all points west:
- Take I-64 East (295 North around Richmond, if you choose) through Norfolk
- Pick up Route 13 East by taking a right exit off I-64 onto Northampton Blvd, which leads to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel (toll will be $12 one way*)
- After crossing the CBBT, continue on US 13 for approximately 25 miles to the Nassawadox stoplight
- Continue directions from Nassawadox stoplight below
From Nassawadox Stoplight (All Travelers):
- Turn eastward across the railroad tracks onto Rogers Drive, Rt. 606
- Go 0.2 mile to Stop sign at Rt. 600 (Seaside Road)
- Turn left (north) onto Seaside Road
- Go 0.2 miles on Seaside Road to Brownsville Road (Rt. 608)
- Turn right onto Brownsville Road
- Follow road past preserve entrance sign, and look for sign to parking area