Blowing Rocks Preserve will open early to pre-registered artists for the exclusive opportunity to capture the beauty of this nature sanctuary’s landscape at sunrise.
Don’t forget to bring a flashlight or battery-operated light source to find your way and get set-up. Please note: only lights with red filters or bulbs are allowed on the beach during sea turtle nesting season (May 1 to October 31).
Advance registration is required, and space is limited to a maximum of 10 attendees. Register at the links below.
Suggested donation of $20 per person (strictly optional—no one will be denied access for not making a donation).
- Photo shoots and drones are prohibited.
- All participants under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
To ensure the safety of volunteers, staff and the community, the following COVID-19 related measures have been implemented:
- Social distancing must be observed at all times.
- All participants must wear a proper facial covering, which may be removed when at the beach as long as social distancing is maintained.
- All participants must conduct a “self-certification” health check the day of the event (form will be provided).
- Please note that the education center, restrooms and beach shower are temporarily closed. The nearest restroom and water source are located at Coral Cove Park, 1-mile south of the preserve.
We highly recommend bringing your own face mask and supply of hand sanitizer; however, back-ups will be available if needed.