This position is the “right hand” assistant to The Nature Conservancy’s Phoenix Office Coordinator. The position will perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization and to help assure details are in place for a welcoming, efficient, smooth running office.
The assignments for this position will include, but are not limited to, tasks such as front desk reception/answering phone, greeting visitors; accepting supplies/mail/package deliveries; photocopying; inventorying/ordering/organizing office and kitchen supplies; helping organize office celebrations of birthdays and successes; manage kitchen cleanup schedule (all staff take turns with actual cleanup), setup for business meetings and workshops, organizing catering for business meetings.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- Experience operating office equipment such as copiers, postage machines
- Physically able to lift up to 25lbs
- Values and practices attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Good customer service skills
- Experience using communications technology such as Skype and Zoom
- Experience with Fed-Ex/UPS shipments
- Strong interest in the mission and activities of The Nature Conservancy
Time flexible within office hours Monday thru Friday, 9 – 5 p.m.
Volunteer will receive orientation about the work of TNC in general and training for the specific position assignments by the Phoenix Office Coordinator to gain experience necessary to effectively perform the essential functions of the position.
Start Time and Length of Assignment
This is an ongoing volunteer opportunity with an immediate start time. Prefer minimum 6-month commitment.
Reports to Phoenix Office Coordinator
This position will undergo a criminal history check in keeping with The Nature Conservancy’s policy for all staff and for volunteers who may have contact with youth.
To apply, or for questions, contact: Tammy Soma, firstname.lastname@example.org, 602-322-6991.