Be a hero for the Anacostia River! Join The Nature Conservancy as we take part in the Anacostia Watershed Society's annual river cleanup! TNC will be leading a group cleaning up Kenilworth Park (4050 Deane Ave NE Washington, DC 20019).
*** This event was previously scheduled for April 25, 2020 ***
Each year thousands of volunteers come together to help stop pollution and restore the Anacostia River by cleaning up sites along the river in Washington, DC, and Prince George’s & Montgomery Counties.
Registration is required for this free event. A link to sign up will be shared as soon as it becomes available.
What to Expect
- Parking is available
- Metro accessible via Deanwood (Orange/Silver Line), Metrobus V7, V8, U5, U6
- Bathrooms are available
- Please remember to dress appropriately for the weather—rain or shine!
Be prepared to get dirty and have fun! When you arrive look for signs to check in at the registration table. You will meet your site leaders and get your t-shirt.
Site leaders will brief you on basic safety measures to ensure that everyone has a safe, fun time. All tools and supplies needed will be provided—no need to bring your own gloves unless you have a favorite pair.
This is a family friendly event and kids are welcome! However, all participants under 18 must have a waiver signed by an adult and participants under 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
After the cleanup, all volunteers are invited to come to the big celebration where the Anacostia Watershed Society thanks and celebrates their hard work and the progress of the Anacostia River’s restoration.
What to Bring
- Closed-toe shoes and long pants are a must
- Water (and small snacks, if desired)
- Completed waiver for under-18s (download here) with a signature from a parent or guardian
- This event counts for Student Service Learning Hours (SSL)! Please bring forms for sign off by AWS staff.