Permits are required to hunt deer at Spring Green Preserve and the Conservancy’s preserves in the Mukwonago River Watershed.
THE APPLICATION WINDOW FOR 2013 IS CLOSED. PLEASE CHECK BACK HERE IN APRIL, 2014 TO APPLY FOR A PERMIT FOR THE 2014 DEER SEASON.
1. All permit applications must be sent by mail. No permits will be accepted over the phone or in person.
2. Lottery – To make the application process fair and open to all, the Conservancy uses a lottery system to choose and assign permits. We start accepting permits on or around April 15. Applications must be received within a month to be included in the lottery. All permits received by the deadline will be assigned a random number and will be processed in that order.
Applications received after the deadline will be processed as they come in, and hunters will receive permits if there is still space available. We will return the application fee to those applicants who do not receive a permit.
3. Please check back here to download and print the 2014 Deer Hunting Permit Application when it becomes available.
This is a two-page document consisting of both the permit and the application. Fill out both pages completely, making sure to sign and date the permit. To protect your privacy, please do not include sensitive personal information in this form, such as a credit card number. This document is in Adobe pdf format. Download a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader if you do not have it.
4. Make checks payable to: The Nature Conservancy, and mail both pages along with your check to:
The Nature Conservancy
633 West Main St.
Madison, WI 53703
5. If you are granted a hunting permit, your signed permit will be returned to you, along with a map, jacket tag and car tag. Please allow at least FOUR (4) weeks after the deadline for processing.
6. If you will be hunting with a minor who is not your own son or daughter, please contact us at email@example.com for an additional release of liability form.
|Permit Type||Total Fee|
|Combined Gun & Bow||$50.00|
Fees are used to cover deer management expenses including boundary posting, enforcement, coordination with wardens, mailings, permit processing and staff time.
Hunting Opportunities at Nature Conservancy Preserves
Learn what’s new this year, find links to hunting map and other hunting program pages, and get information about volunteer opportunities and Nature Conservancy preserves.
Wisconsin Hunting Opportunities Map
View a map and get more details about all Nature Conservancy preserves with hunting opportunities.
Nature Conservancy Hunting Program: Frequently Asked Questions
Learn how much land the Conservancy has open to hunting, if tree stands are allowed, how we ensure that hunters have a safe experience on Conservancy preserves, and more.
Nature Conservancy Hunting Guidelines
Learn about the guidelines for hunting at Conservancy preserves.
Hunting and Conservation in Wisconsin
The Conservancy has provided hunting opportunities on its lands in Wisconsin since 1985. See how hunting helps land conservation and how land conservation helps wildlife and hunters.