How We Work
Your support of The Nature Conservancy helps people and communities solve our greatest conservation challenges—so nature thrives and enriches lives.
We work with a broad range of partners and use science, on-the-ground programs and political advocacy to develop new strategies and solutions that work at large scales.
We’ve tackled conservation challenges throughout Washington and around the world for more than 50 years.
Our goals are to:
- Clean up Puget Sound once and for all.
- Bring wild salmon back to the Washington coast.
- Restore our eastern forests from Canada to Oregon.
- Preserve our sagelands heritage in Washington.
- Help solve global conservation challenges.
- Inspire more people to value nature.
We employ roughly 80 staff members in Washington who work in Seattle and in our field offices in Yakima, Wenatchee, Olympia, Mount Vernon and Astoria, Oregon. We are scientists, conservation experts, fundraisers, marketers, coalition builders and advocates.
We all have a role to play in creating a thriving planet. And we have a strong conservation foundation upon which to build. It is within our power to fix what is broken and pass on a better Washington and a better world.
Latest News & Features
Watch a video about our work.