Work alongside Nature Conservancy staff to accomplish key outdoor, outreach and office work. Volunteers help save money and increase the efficiency of our nature-preservation work!
Click here for a full list of upcoming volunteer opportunities, outings and events.
In 2015, 541 volunteers contributed 6,303 hours and helped with over 120 projects, including preserve trail monitoring, bird sign installation, invasive species control, avian monitoring, oyster restoration, and more!
View highlights from Connect with Nature events across the country.
So You Want to Volunteer?
- The first step toward becoming a volunteer is to download the volunteer application and liability release form. Please contact Jennifer Dalke, volunteer coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (434) 951-0572 for more information.
- Stay connected and get the latest volunteer and event updates through Facebook • Twitter • Monthly e-newsletter
- Not able to get out into the field? Consider making a donation. Our field staff cover a lot of miles monitoring, stewarding, and restoring lands throughout Virginia. We are in need of replacements for trucks that have reached the end of their roads. View our wish list.
- Schedule of Outdoor Volunteer Opportunities
Get outdoors and help restore habitat, monitor rare species, maintain trails and more.
- Preserve Monitoring Program
Sign up to be a Volunteer Preserve Visitation Committee Member. Be our eyes, ears and muscles in the field! Help us monitor and maintain preserves throughout the state.
- Visitor Outreach (Seasonal)
Share information about barrier island beach nesting bird conservation with Eastern Shore visitors (May - August).
- VARTF Site Monitoring Program
Help support the Virginia Aquatic Resources Trust Fund (VARTF) mitigation programs by becoming a site monitor.
- Seagrass Restoration
Be a part of the largest seagrass restoration project in the world! Volunteer snorkelers needed from late May to early June to help collect eelgrass seeds.
Watch a video of our volunteers in action. See what it's like to be a seagrass volunteer with The Nature Conservancy.
For Worldwide Office volunteer opportunities in Arlington, contact volunteer coordinator email@example.com.