Work alongside Nature Conservancy staff to accomplish key outdoor, outreach and office work. Volunteers help save money and increase the efficiency of our nature-preservation work!
Explore a full list of upcoming volunteer opportunities, outing and events.
View highlights from Connect with Nature events across the country.
So You Want to Volunteer?
- The first step toward becoming a volunteer is to download the volunteer application and liability release form. Please contact Jennifer Dalke, volunteer coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (434) 951-0572 for more information.
- Stay connected and get the latest volunteer and event updates through Facebook • Twitter • Monthly e-newsletter
- Not able to get out into the field? Consider making a donation. Our field staff cover a lot of miles monitoring, stewarding, and restoring lands throughout Virginia. We are in need of replacements for trucks that have reached the end of their roads. View our wish list.
- Schedule of Outdoor Volunteer Opportunities
Get outdoors and help restore habitat, monitor rare species, maintain trails and more.
- Preserve Monitoring Program
Sign up to be a Volunteer Preserve Visitation Committee Member. Be our eyes, ears and muscles in the field! Help us monitor and maintain preserves throughout the state.
- VARTF Site Monitoring Program
Help support the Virginia Aquatic Resources Trust Fund (VARTF) mitigation programs by becoming a site monitor.
- Seagrass Restoration
Be a part of the largest seagrass restoration project in the world! Volunteer snorkelers needed from late May to early June to help collect eelgrass seeds.
Click on the image above to watch a video of our volunteers in action. See what it's like to be a seagrass volunteer with The Nature Conservancy.
For Worldwide Office volunteer opportunities in Arlington, contact volunteer coordinator email@example.com.
How many volunteers donated their time to The Nature Conservancy in 2013? Download the full 2013 Volunteer Report (pdf) or view highlights at a glance to see this impressive number and other accomplishments from the past year. Download the 2012 report (pdf).