Work alongside Nature Conservancy staff to accomplish key outdoor, outreach and office work. Volunteers help save money and increase the efficiency of our nature-preservation work!
Click here for a full list of upcoming volunteer opportunities, outings and events.
View highlights from Connect with Nature events across the country.
So You Want to Volunteer?
- The first step toward becoming a volunteer is to download the volunteer application and liability release form. Please contact Jennifer Dalke, volunteer coordinator, at email@example.com or (434) 951-0572 for more information.
- Stay connected and get the latest volunteer and event updates through Facebook • Twitter • Monthly e-newsletter
- Not able to get out into the field? Consider making a donation. Our field staff cover a lot of miles monitoring, stewarding, and restoring lands throughout Virginia. We are in need of replacements for trucks that have reached the end of their roads. View our wish list.
- Schedule of Outdoor Volunteer Opportunities
Get outdoors and help restore habitat, monitor rare species, maintain trails and more.
- Preserve Monitoring Program
Sign up to be a Volunteer Preserve Visitation Committee Member. Be our eyes, ears and muscles in the field! Help us monitor and maintain preserves throughout the state.
- VARTF Site Monitoring Program
Help support the Virginia Aquatic Resources Trust Fund (VARTF) mitigation programs by becoming a site monitor.
- Seagrass Restoration
Be a part of the largest seagrass restoration project in the world! Volunteer snorkelers needed from late May to early June to help collect eelgrass seeds.
Watch a video of our volunteers in action. See what it's like to be a seagrass volunteer with The Nature Conservancy.
For Worldwide Office volunteer opportunities in Arlington, contact volunteer coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org.
2013 Volunteer Report
How many volunteers donated their time to The Nature Conservancy in 2013? Download the full 2013 Volunteer Report (pdf).