Fortune's Cove Guided Hike
April 12, 2014
10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Fortune's Cove Preserve | Show Directions
From the north (Charlottesville area):
- Take 29 south towards Lovingston
- Before reaching Lovingston, turn right onto Rte. 718, Mountain Cove Road. Go 1.5 miles and turn right onto Rte. 651, Fortune's Cove Lane
- Continue 1.2 miles to a fork in the road. You'll see vineyards to your right down the hill. You will see a purple grape sign leading to the vineyard, downhill to the right.
- Bear left at the fork (going right here will take you to Mountain Cove Vineyard). Follow the Fortune's Cove sign left and follow the road until you see another sign, which is the entrance to the parking lot
- Go 0.2 miles after the fork and then turn left into preserve parking area
Join us Saturday, April 12 for a guide hike and ramble through Fortune’s Cove Preserve. The hike will be led by volunteer naturalist Susan McSwain and will focus on the site's history and botany.
Space is limited and advance registration is required. Please contact Jen Dalke at email@example.com or 434-951-0572 (w) or 540-335-1302 (c) for more information.