Event Assistance: Eastern Shore Birding and Wildlife Festival
October 10, 2014 - October 12, 2014
Cape Charles, VA and Kiptopeke State Park
The Eastern Shore Birding and Wildlife Festival is coming up on October 10 -12 and The Nature Conservancy needs help staffing two booths.
We will have one booth at the main headquarters of the festival in Cape Charles, VA and another at Kiptopeke State Park (a few miles down the road from the main headquarters). The booth at the main headquarters will be for the general public, and the one at Kiptopeke State Park will be a hands-on activity booth just for kids. The kid’s booth is a replica of a beach scene and will focus on a game for guessing which beach nesting bird species belong to which nests.
Volunteers at both booths will pass out Conservancy materials, greet the public, walk visitors through the hands-on activities, and answer questions as best they can.
Materials and training will be provided as needed. Sign up for one of these shifts (Saturday shifts are priority):
Booth #1 at Main Festival Headquarters (General Public)
- Friday, Oct 10: noon-5 p.m. (setup – can be anytime in this range)
- Saturday, Oct 11: 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct 11: 1 p.m.-3 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct 11: 3 p.m.-5 p.m.
- Sunday, Oct 12: 9 a.m.-noon (take down – ideally man the booth for a few hours and then take it down close to noon)
Booth #2 at Kiptopeke State Park (kid focused hands on activities)
- Saturday, Oct 11: 9am-noon (includes set up and obtaining materials from TNC before hand)
- Saturday, Oct 11: noon-2pm
- Saturday, Oct 11: 2pm-5pm (includes take down and dropping off materials)
To sign up for a volunteer shift, call or email Jen Dalke, volunteer program manager, at email@example.com or 434-951-0572 (w) or 540-335-1302 (c).