OFFICIAL RULES OF “TEXAS IS TASTY” SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR DONATION NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR DONATION WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States who are eighteen (18) or older. Employees, board members, and trustees of The Nature Conservancy, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees, board members, and trustees are not eligible to enter.
2. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by The Nature Conservancy, 4245 North Fairfax Drive, Suite 100, Arlington, VA 22203-1606 (“Sponsor”). This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored by, endorsed by, administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
3. Entry Period: The Sweepstakes is comprised of four (4) separate weekly drawings to be held one (1) week apart. The entry period for each drawing is as follows:
a. First Drawing Entry Period begins at 12:00:01 AM CT on April 2, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 PM CT on April 5, 2013.
b. Second Drawing Entry Period begins at 12:00:01 AM CT on April 8, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 PM CT on April 12, 2013.
c. Third Drawing Entry Period begins at 12:00:01 AM CT on April 15, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 PM CT on April 19, 2013.
d. Fourth Drawing Entry Period begins at 12:00:01 AM CT on April 22, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 PM CT on April 26, 2013.
Entries submitted before or after the entry periods will not be eligible for the specific drawing. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: For each drawing, correctly answer the “Question of the Week” posted on https://www.facebook.com/natureconservancytexas. The answer can be found by visiting nature.org/texasistasty. Email the answer to Anne Zuparko at firstname.lastname@example.org. The answer must be emailed during the Entry Period for the relevant drawing. Only correct answers will be entered. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per drawing. Additional entries will be void. By entering, you indicate your full agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding:
5. Drawings: Four separate drawings will be held as follows:
a. First Drawing: At approximately 5:00 PM Central Daylight Time on April 5, 2013, Sponsor will select two (2) potential winners in a random drawing of all entries received during the First Drawing Entry Period.
b. Second Drawing: At approximately 5:00 PM Central Daylight Time on April 12, 2013, Sponsor will select two (2) potential winners in a random drawing of all entries received during the Second Drawing Entry Period.
c. Third Drawing: At approximately 5:00 PM Central Daylight Time on April 19, 2013, Sponsor will select two (2) potential winners in a random drawing of all entries received during the Third Drawing Entry Period.
d. Fourth Drawing: At approximately 5:00 PM Central Daylight Time on April 26, 2013, Sponsor will select one (1) potential winner in a random drawing of all entries received during the Fourth Drawing Entry Period.
The odds of being selected in any of the drawings depend on the number of entries received during that drawing’s entry period.
6. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winner: If the potential winner is not present at the time of the drawing, Sponsor will attempt to notify him/her within ten (10) business days of the drawing. In order to win the prize, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility, a W-9 form for tax reporting purposes and a liability/publicity release. If a potential winner meets the eligibility requirements but is a minor in his/her state, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the documents on his/her behalf. If a potential winner fails to sign and return these documents within the required time period, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all remaining entries received. Only three (3) alternate potential winners may be contacted.
a. First Drawing: Two (2) winners will receive a Nature Conservancy t-shirt with with an approximate value of $13 per t-shirt.
b. Second Drawing: Two (2) winners will receive a Nature Conservancy hat with an approximate value of $5 per hat.
c. Third Drawing: Two (2) winners will receive a Nature Conservancy water bottle with an approximate value of $8 per bottle.
d. Fourth Drawing: One (1) winner will receive a Nature Conservancy jacket with an approximate value of $65.
The prizes will only be shipped to an address in the United States. The winner is responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. You may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
8. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, Sponsor may either suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes or award the prizes at random from among the entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
9. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, their respective parent, subsidiaries, affiliates , and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Texas. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Texas.
12. Results: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: The Nature Conservancy, Attn: Marketing Team, 318 Congress Ave., Austin, TX 78701. Requests must be received by May 15, 2013.
April 02, 2013