Davis Mountains Preserve 2014 Schedule of Events
March 01, 2014 - December 31, 2014
Davis Mountains Preserve
March 21-23 - Open Weekend
April 19 - Open Day
May 24 - Open Day
July 11-13 - Open Weekend
August 15-17 - Open Weekend
October 18 - Open Day
December 6 & 13 - Open Day (Christmas Tree Hunts)
The Nature Conservancy’s Davis Mountains Preserve will be open for hiking, picnics, photography, birding and other outdoor activities on selected days this year.
The Davis Mountains Preserve is located approximately 25 miles northwest of Ft. Davis on Hwy. 118 (about 10 miles past McDonald Observatory & about ¼ mile past the Lawrence E. Wood Picnic Area).
Guests will be required to sign in and out at the McIvor Conservation Center.
Camping is only allowed in designated areas.
• Only high clearance vehicles will be allowed past the McIvor Conservation Center.
• Only camp stoves are allowed, and open camp fires are prohibited.
• Restrooms are available at the McIvor Conservation Center.
• Guests should bring their own food and drinks and plan to take their trash home with them.
• Hikers should bring their own binoculars, cameras, sunscreen, hats and plenty of water to drink.
• Firearms and any technology that disrupts quiet enjoyment are not permitted on the preserve.
• For safety reasons, children must be supervised by their parents or other designated adults.
• No pets of any kind are permitted on the preserve.
Madera Canyon Trail, also located in the Davis Mountains Preserve, adjacent to the Lawrence E. Wood Picnic Area, is open to the public year-round from dawn until dusk.
The Nature Conservancy membership is not required but appreciated http://my.nature.org/membership/become-member.html.
For more information, contact Greg Crow at firstname.lastname@example.org or (480) 458-6860. To learn more about the Davis Mountains Preserve and other Texas lands The Nature Conservancy works to protect, visit www.nature.org/texas.