Donate now and you’ll help protect the natural character of Rhode Island and across the world.
New Moon Walk
February 28, 2014
Friday, 6:30 pm
** Meet at the parking lot on Plain Road
- From I-95, take Exit 5B - Route 102 North
- Follow Route 102 for 3 miles, past the West Greenwich Town Hall
- Turn left onto Plain Meetinghouse Road, follow for 3.5 miles
To the Plain Meetinghouse Road entrance:
- Pass the Wickaboxet Management Area
- Look for a small parking lot on the right
- The trailhead is a bar gate at the start of Narrow Lane
To the Plain Road entrance:
- Pass the Wickaboxet Management Area and the entrance to Narrow Lane
- Turn right at the next intersection, onto Plain Road
- Follow Plain Road for 1/2 mile to the parking lot on the right
Come and put your night vision to the test on a hike through the West Greenwich woods on a new moon night. We’ll take a 2.5-mile walk through the hay fields and around the pond, listening for hooting owls and spooky things that go bump in the night. Wear warm layers, and bring a flashlight and a snack in case you get hungry.
Meet at the parking lot on Plain Road. See Directions.
For more information or possible cancellations due to poor weather, contact Tim Mooney, Preserves Manager at email@example.com or 401-529-1072.