West Virginia’s exceptional natural heritage is boasted on every highway, two-lane and country road in the state: ‘Wild, Wonderful’ proclaims the etching on each car’s license plate. Here, mountaintops spine through the state, boasting forestlands that support a rich array of plant and animal species, help clean our air and water, draw thousands of visitors each year, and provide forest products and related jobs. Gurgling mountain streams and rushing valley waters sustain myriad aquatic creatures, nourish crops, support economies and provide clean water for our families.
We need nature. Nature needs you.
Help us show, through your photographs, the irreplaceable value of West Virginia’s natural areas both to you personally and humankind.
We are asking that interested individuals submit photos through Flickr™. Please tag your images with “WV-TNC” and your photo may be used to help inspire others and support conservation projects in West Virginia. Photos of Nature Conservancy preserves and project areas are especially welcome.
Flickr is an online photo sharing web site that is made up of many groups, including a Nature Conservancy group. You can add your photos to the Nature Conservancy photo-sharing group and quickly enter many images for others to see.
To add a photo to Flickr, just follow these easy steps:
1. Log on — To submit your photos via Flickr™, use your Yahoo!® ID to login to www.flickr.com. If you do not have an account, you can sign-up for free.
2. Join The Nature Conservancy's Flickr group — If you are not already a member of The Nature Conservancy's group on Flickr™, join by clicking "Join this Group?" on the group's homepage.
3. Upload an image — After logging in, upload your images using the form provided.
4. Send the Image to Our Group — Browse to the image you wish to submit for the contest, and use the "Send to Group" function above the image to add your photograph to The Nature Conservancy's photo pool.
5. Tag it! —- Once added to the group, tag each photo with WV-TNC through the "tag" feature in the right-hand column of the individual photo's page.
That's it! You'll be helping us showcase the natural beauty of West Virginia for the sake of conservation!
Best of all, by using Flickr, everyone in our online community can see your nature photos and be inspired by WV's great places!
You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit -- including ownership if applicable -- other than those rights licensed in the next sentence.
By submitting your photo using WV-TNC, you hereby grant to The Nature Conservancy (i) a nonexclusive, royalty-free license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display and publicly perform the photographs you submit to The Nature Conservancy, and (ii) the right to use your name, city, state and country of residence in promotions and other publications. Looking for more details? Check out the legal conditions concerning your submission.
We look forward to seeing your photos!