We’d like pictures of Pennsylvania streams and rivers – from small headwater streams to large rivers. We want to show what they look like when flow is low – during drought or when it hasn’t rained in a while – and when flow is high and they’re really rushing. Our team of scientists will use these photos to illustrate how streamflow varies throughout the year – and between wet and dry years – and to help discover how that variability affects fish and other species.
We’ll need the date the photo was taken, name of the river and location of the photo (e.g., nearest town, or a bridge, park, or other landmark), and permission to use the photo in presentations and reports. They don’t need to be professional photographs – a good resolution photo from a smartphone is perfect!
Your photos will help guide our freshwater priorities throughout the state.
We are asking that interested individuals submit photos through Flickr™. Please tag your images with “PA-TNC” and your photo may be used to help inspire others and support conservation projects in Pennsylvania. Photos of Nature Conservancy preserves within Pennsylvania are especially welcome!
Flickr is an online photo sharing web site that is made up of many groups, including a Nature Conservancy group. You can add your photos to the Nature Conservancy photo-sharing group and quickly enter many images for others to see.
To add a photo to Flickr, just follow these easy steps:
1. Log on — To submit your photos via Flickr™, use your Yahoo!® ID to login to www.flickr.com. If you do not have an account, you can sign-up for free.
2. Join The Nature Conservancy's Flickr group — If you are not already a member of The Nature Conservancy's group on Flickr™, join by clicking "Join this Group?" on the group's homepage.
3. Upload an image — After logging in, upload your images using the form provided.
4. Send the Image to Our Group — Browse to the image you wish to submit for the contest, and use the "Send to Group" function above the image to add your photograph to The Nature Conservancy's photo pool.
5. Tag it! —- Once added to the group, tag each photo with PA-TNC through the "tag" feature in the right-hand column of the individual photo's page.
That's it! You'll be helping us showcase the natural beauty of Pennsylvania for the sake of conservation!
Best of all, by using Flickr, everyone in our online community can see your nature photos and be inspired by PA's great places!
You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit -- including ownership if applicable -- other than those rights licensed in the next sentence.
By submitting your photo using PA-TNC, you hereby grant to The Nature Conservancy (i) a nonexclusive, royalty-free license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display and publicly perform the photographs you submit to The Nature Conservancy, and (ii) the right to use your name, city, state and country of residence in promotions and other publications. Looking for more details? Check out the legal conditions concerning your submission.
We look forward to seeing your photos!