Spring has definitely sprung in the Keystone State! As you head outside to enjoy the colors, sights, and sounds of the season – why not take your camera and share your experience with us?
The lands, waters and wildlife of Pennsylvania offer unique photo opportunities found nowhere else. Whether you’re taking a stroll along a local river or stream, hiking in one of our preserves or other natural areas, or searching for salamanders and other wildlife, we’d like to see your photos. Together we can inspire others to explore and protect nature.
We are asking that interested individuals submit photos through Flickr™. Tag your images with “PA-TNC” and your photo may be used to help inspire others and support conservation projects in Pennsylvania. Photos of Nature Conservancy preserves within Pennsylvania are especially welcome!
NOT FAMILIAR WITH FLICKR™? Flickr is an online photo sharing web site that is made up of many groups, including a Nature Conservancy group. You can add your photos to The Nature Conservancy photo-sharing group and quickly enter many images for others to see. To add a photo to Flickr™, just follow these easy steps:
- Join The Nature Conservancy's Flickr™ group — If you are not already a member of The Nature Conservancy's group on Flickr™, join by clicking "Join this Group?" on the group's homepage.
- Log on — Use your Yahoo!® ID to login to Flickr™. If you do not have an account, you can sign-up for free.
- Upload an image — After logging in, upload your images using the form provided.
- Send the Image to Our Group — Browse to the image you wish to submit for the contest, and use the "Send to Group" function above the image to add your photograph to The Nature Conservancy's photo pool.
- Tag it! —- Once added to the group, tag each photo with PA-TNC through the "tag" feature in the right-hand column of the individual photo's page.
That's it! You'll be helping us showcase the natural beauty of Pennsylvania for the sake of conservation! Best of all, by using Flickr™, everyone in our online community can see your nature photos and be inspired by Pennsylvania's great places!
We look forward to seeing your photos!
LEGAL DETAILS // YOUR RIGHTS You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit -- including ownership if applicable -- other than those rights licensed in the next sentence. By submitting your photo using PA-TNC, you hereby grant to The Nature Conservancy (i) a nonexclusive, royalty-free license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display and publicly perform the photographs you submit to The Nature Conservancy, and (ii) the right to use your name, city, state and country of residence in promotions and other publications. Looking for more details? Check out the legal conditions concerning your submission.