Are you a group looking to partner with TNC? Would your students, church or community group be interested in a reoccurring service project at one of our preserves? Is your office looking for a great team building work day opportunity? See our Volunteering Information page.
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
For general information about volunteering in the Sandhills and for more on wiregrass collection opportunities, contact Gretchen Coll at email@example.com, on the phone (910) 246-0300.
Outer Banks/Nags Head Woods
The Nags Head Woods office periodically has work days to help with our oyster reef restoration projects and other things. Volunteers are needed to bag oyster shells, build oyster mats and oyster reef as well as plant marsh and upland plant habitat. All community members and visitors are invited.
If you are interested in getting involved with this or any other opportunity, please email Kate Murray at the Nags Head Woods office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (252) 441-2525.
Please see our mountains volunteer page for information about opportunities as well as upcoming projects and dates. We now have a hotline you can call for information as well: (828) 350-1431 ext. 201.
Our Asheville mountains office has spring and summer volunteer work days, which include activities like trail maintenance and invasive species removal. For information on volunteering, contact Erin Buchholtz at Mtns_Volunteers@tnc.org or 828-350-1431 ext. 104.
Southeast Coastal Plain
For information about volunteering, contact Sara Babin at email@example.com or (910) 395-500.
Interested in an internship??
Find information on summer internships for high school students as well as diversity internships for college students on our Careers page.
- TNC Volunteer Coordinator - Neal Cheek, firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 794-4371
- Mountains Volunteers (includes New River and Hickory Nut Gorge) - Erin Buchholtz, Mtns_volunteers@tnc.org or (828) 350-1431 ext. 104
- Outer Banks/Nags Head Woods - Kate Murray, email@example.com or (252) 441-2525
- Roanoke River - Chuck Peoples, firstname.lastname@example.org, or (252) 578-4115
- Sandhills - Gretchen Coll, email@example.com or (910) 246-0300
- Southeast Coastal Plain/Wilmington - Sara Babin, firstname.lastname@example.org or (910) 395-5000
- Prescribed Burns - Maura High, email@example.com or (919) 794-4377