Herbed Cauliflower Salad with Quinoa and Butterbeans*
Prep Time: 35 mins; makes 4 servings
Ingredients: Use local ingredients when possible
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 15-ounce can butter beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, whisk lemon juice, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and 5 tablespoons oil in a medium bowl until emulsified. Season dressing with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add cauliflower; cook, turning occasionally, until browned in spots, 10-12 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons water, cover, and cook until just tender, about 2 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer cauliflower to a large bowl; add beans, 1/4 cup parsley, 1 tablespoon tarragon, reserved quinoa, and dressing. Toss to coat; season with salt and pepper. Garnish with lemon zest, parsley, and tarragon.
*recipe was adapted from Bon Appétit magazine