Talking Water with Kristen Bell
Hear Sanjayn talk about water conservation with Kristen Bell
You don't have to make big, sweeping changes to have a huge impact on the Earth. in fact, as lead scientist M. Sanjayan explained on NY1, simple choices you make everyday can go a long way toward saving our most precious resource, water.
Here are three things on your To Do List you can check off for the planet...
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
More than half the water we use every day comes through the food we eat. And it’s not just what we wear- it’s what we drink- and eat. There are 20 gallons of water in one mug of beer, and 1,000 gallons of water in one steak. By eating local and organic, you can help offset these impacts.
- Shopping List
Only 5% of the water you use daily flows through your taps at home. The other 95% goes towards the production of the products, energy and food you consume. The choices you make when it comes to organic materials, non-toxic ingredients and reused products can make a difference.
- Holiday Season Chores
Every year between Thanksgiving and New Year's Day, the United States creates more than 5 million extra tons of trash. This year, try making your holiday a little greener - and a whole lot brighter!