Raptors! A Live Animal Presentation at Mashomack
November 24, 2012
noon — 1 PM
- Take your best route to Shelter Island.
- When disembarking from the Greenport/North Ferry, follow Route 114 south for three miles to the preserve.
- If you come by way of the North Haven/South Ferry, follow Route 114 one mile north to the preserve.
- A large wooden sign on the east side of Route 114 marks the entrance.
- Park just inside the preserve entrance on Route 114 (less than a mile from the South Ferry) and walk in to the visitor center to sign the guest book and pick up trail maps.
A Thanksgiving weekend treat for the whole family! Why are these birds, once scorned and hunted for a bounty, now considered so important? What adaptations do they possess which make them such efficient hunters? A naturalist from Theodore Roosevelt Sanctuary will present several living raptors for an up close and personal look. No binoculars needed!
Programs are free to members of The Nature Conservancy, $5 for non-members. To reserve your spot, call the Mashomack office at 631-749-1001 for further information or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.