Full Moon Walk at Mashomack
December 29, 2012
- Take your best route to Shelter Island.
- When disembarking from the Greenport/North Ferry, follow Route 114 south for three miles to the preserve.
- If you come by way of the North Haven/South Ferry, follow Route 114 one mile north to the preserve.
- A large wooden sign on the east side of Route 114 marks the entrance.
- Park just inside the preserve entrance on Route 114 (less than a mile from the South Ferry) and walk in to the visitor center to sign the guest book and pick up trail maps.
What’s out in the woods in the “dead of winter?” Come walk the 1.5 mile Red Trail by the light of the moon, enjoy the stars and listen to nature’s nightlife, all while experiencing the calmness of a winter night. All ages welcome; adults expected to accompany children.
Programs are free to members of The Nature Conservancy, $5 for non-members. To reserve your spot, call the Mashomack office at 631-749-1001 for further information or email us at email@example.com.