Eastern: Lost... But Found Safe and Sound
May 21, 2011
9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Sam's Point Conservation Center | Show Directions
From the South:
- Take Interstate 87 to Rt. 17W to Exit 119/Rt 302.
- Make a right onto Rt. 302.
- Go 10 miles to Pine Bush.
- In Pine Bush make a left onto Rt. 52. Go approximately 6 miles.
- Look for a green sign for Cragsmoor pointing to the right. Shortly after the sign make a right on Cragsmoor Road.
- Go one mile to the Cragsmoor post office.
- Make a right in front of post office. Go a short distance and make a right onto Sam's Point Road; follow for approximately 1 3/4 mile to the entrance of the Preserve.
From the North:
- Take Interstate 87 to Kingston.
- In Kingston take Rt. 209/Ellenville.
- Follow Rt. 209 to Ellenville center.
- Turn left onto Rt. 52; follow for approximately four miles.
- Look for a green sign pointing left. Shortly after the sign, make a left onto Cragsmoor Road.
- Follow directions above from Cragsmoor Road to the Preserve.
From the East:
- Cross the Mid-Hudson Bridge and take Route 9W north approximately five miles to Route 299.
- Turn left on 299 and go through New Paltz to intersection wtih Rt. 44/55.
- Make a right onto Rt. 44/55; follow to Rt. 209.
- Make a left onto 209 going towards Ellenville.
- In Ellenville center turn left onto Rt. 52.
- Follow directions above from Rt. 52 in Ellenville.
Sam’s Point Search and Rescue invites you and your child to a program designed to enhance your child’s safety in the woods.
The program, developed by the Association of National Park Rangers, teaches children how not to get lost, how to stay comfortable if they do get lost, and how they can be found more quickly. Sam’s Point Search and Rescue hopes children will never need this knowledge, but if your child does get lost, remembering one or more of the safety tips can help to make the search short and successful.
Program highlights include...
≈ Helpful and engaging video
≈ First aid demonstration
≈ Search dog demonstration by Suki, the friendly, floppy-eared Doberman, and her handler, Karen Pardini.
Suitable for children ages 6 -10. Program will be limited to 30 children, so sign up early! Suggested donation: $5.00 Registration required. Please contact Heidi Wagner at 845-647-7989 ext. 101 or email@example.com.