The Nature Conservancy is at work to conserve and restore iconic landscapes and rivers in Mississippi. From upland forests and clean, clear-running streams, to bottomland swamps and coastal areas that harbor an amazing abundance and diversity of plants and animals. And from longleaf pine forests to pitcher plant wetlands, where animals that live nowhere else on Earth are found.
These natural lands and waters also improve the quality of life for people and help fuel local economies. Help us show, through your photographs, the irreplaceable value of these special places. We are asking that interested individuals submit photos through Flickr™. Please tag your images with “Gulf-TNC09” and your photo may be used to help inspire others and support conservation projects in Mississippi.
Not Familiar with Flickr™?
Flickr is an online photo sharing web site that is made up of many groups, including a Nature Conservancy group. You can add your photos to the Nature Conservancy photo-sharing group and quickly enter many images for others to see.
Submit Your Photos using Flickr™
To add a photo to Flickr, just follow these easy steps:
- Log on -- To submit your photos via Flickr™, use your Yahoo!® ID to login to www.flickr.com. If you do not have an account, you can sign-up for free.
- Join The Nature Conservancy's Flickr group - If you are not already a member of The Nature Conservancy's group on Flickr™, join by clicking "Join this Group?" on the group's homepage.
- Upload an image - After logging in, upload your images using the form provided.
- Send the Image to Our Group - Browse to the image you wish to submit for the contest, and use the "Send to Group" function above the image to add your photograph to The Nature Conservancy's photo pool.
- Tag it! -- Once added to the group, tag each photo with Gulf-TNC09 through the "tag" feature in the right-hand column of the individual photo's page.
That's it! You'll be helping us showcase the natural beauty of Mississippi for the sake of conservation!
Best of all, by using Flickr, everyone in our online community can see your nature photos and be inspired by Mississippi's great places!
Legal Details // Your Rights
You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit -- including ownership if applicable -- other than those rights licensed in the next sentence.
By submitting your photo using Gulf-TNC09, you hereby grant to The Nature Conservancy (i) a nonexclusive, royalty-free license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display and publicly perform the photographs you submit to The Nature Conservancy, and (ii) the right to use your name, city, state and country of residence in promotions and other publications. Looking for more details? Check out the legal conditions concerning your submission.
We look forward to seeing your photos!