Run for Minnesota’s Rivers, Lakes and Streams!
For the second time, The Nature Conservancy is participating in the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon's charity program!
We're looking for runners who will go the extra mile (26.2 miles in fact!) to raise funds and awareness for our work to protect Minnesota's lakes, rivers and streams.
We’re hoping to raise $10,000 this year for our freshwater protection work in Minnesota.
Our primary focus will be the Mississippi River, which provides drinking water to almost 1 million Minnesotans, including everyone who lives in Minneapolis, St. Paul and St. Cloud.
How You Can Help
If you are a runner and plan to participate in the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon, please consider joining our team! If you're not running in the marathon but a friend or a family member is, spread the word and encourage them to run for The Nature Conservancy in Minnesota. Together, we can make a difference and protect Minnesota's best waters.
Contact The Nature Conservancy's Chris Anderson at 612-331-0747 or via e-mail for more information.
Team Nature Green Tips
• Run in the great outdoors and get close to nature!
• Reduce your carbon footprint: Start your run from home or work vs. driving.
• Take public transportation or carpool to races.
• Avoid excess paper and plastic: Sign up for races online and look for virtual goodie bags.
• Use water belts or reusable water bottles.
• Buy powdered sports drinks and mix your own — avoid waste from single-use bottles and save money!
• Recycle your running shoes and gear.
• Help maintain your local trail or preserve: Volunteer for the Conservancy in Minnesota.