Volunteer in Michigan
Are you interested in:
- Working with others who share your love of nature?
- Contributing your time and skills to an organization you believe in?
- Broadening your resume and life experiences?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, we've got some great opportunities for you. Volunteers help The Nature Conservancy devote a major portion of its funds to land conservation, keeping our effectiveness high and our costs low. Email Michigan Volunteer for more information. Watch a video about becoming a marketing intern at our Lansing office.
Be sure to visit our Field Trips and Events page for more information on what's happening in Michigan!
Check out the latest issue of UVol, our volunteer newsletter!
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities at Ives Road Fen Preserve
Saturdays, April to November, 8:50am-1pm—Throughout the year, you will enjoy seeing butterflies and various bird species. In the spring months, we pull garlic mustard in the floodplain forest next to the River Raisin and enjoy the spring woodland wildflowers and some herptiles. During the summer months we cut and pile invasive buckthorn in the prairie fen while witnessing a progression of wildflowers, and, later in the season, the early fall bird migration. In fall, we cut honeysuckle in the upland area near the prairie and enjoy the fall colors and fall fruits. Workdays include cold drinks and fresh chocolate chip cookies. As a volunteer, you will get a chance to see parts of the preserve that most visitors never get to see. For details and more information, email us at email@example.com.
Be a Digital Volunteer!
Can't join us in person? Here are some other ways to help.
- Run with Team Nature to benefit The Nature Conservancy. Sign up for TeamNature on crowdwise.
- Be a part of our global community and join our Great Places Network to get monthly e-news.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and share our posts with your friends!
- Share your #NatureSelfie to show your love of the Earth!