Welcome to Michigan
To learn about the innovative strategies our conservation staff are developing and the priority places where they are being put into action, visit How We Work. Below are stories about individual conservation projects designed to protect and transform, and the people who inspire our work.
Grand River Fen Preserve is home to globally rare butterfly species and protects the headwaters to Michigan's longest river, making it a critical conservation priority.
We recently celebrated the 10th anniversary of the Northern Great Lakes Forest Project (a.k.a. The Big U.P. Deal). Take a moment to read how this groundbreaking project transformed land protection in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.
Join Dr. Patrick Doran as he discusses Great Lakes conservation strategies shared on his travels to Lake Tanganyika in Tanzania, Africa. Take a virtual tour of Mahale and the Serengeti as he shares beautiful photography and inspiring lessons learned.
Looking for somewhere new to take your next hike? Find some inspiration in this slideshow of places we protect.
Check out this slideshow to see how 450 tons of rocks were lowered into Grand Traverse Bay to improve spawning habitat for native fish.
Take a virtual tour of the headwaters of Michigan's longest river.
Colorful plants, insects, birds and other wildlife thrive at this unique wetland habitat in southwest Michigan.
- August 25, 2016
- Nooks and crannies: Project rebuilds spawning habitats in Grand Traverse Bay
- July 05, 2016
- NASA joins fight against invasive Great Lakes shoreline plant
- July 03, 2016
- New Trustees for The Nature Conservancy's Michigan Chapter
- July 01, 2016
- Senator Peters Cosponsors Bill to support Michigan’s Outdoor Recreation Sector
- February 27, 2016
- 10 things to do in Michigan in March
- January 22, 2016
- Helen Taylor elected to Charles Stewart Mott Foundation Board of Trustees
- December 01, 2015
- Lake Michigan fish spawning reef made from 450 tons of limestone
- November 13, 2015
- Outdoor activities that boost economy can influence restoration
- September 22, 2015
- Video shows pristine Grand River headwaters preserve