Volunteer with The Nature Conservancy in Massachusetts
Connecting Communities to Nature
We value our volunteers. They are important to The Nature Conservancy both as ambassadors for nature and to help us achieve our mission of conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends.
How to Volunteer
- Gauge your interest by reviewing the current volunteer opportunities listed below.
- Print and fill out the volunteer interest form and mail or email to Laura Cook. If you don't see a volunteer opportunity that fits your interests and/or location, please fill out the form anyway and indicate your preferences on location, time, skills, interests, etc. We'll work with you to find something that works for both of us!
- Check back to this website for future volunteer opportunities or ‘Like’ us on Facebook to learn about upcoming events.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Upcoming Volunteer Workdays: Help the Conservancy's stewardship staff maintain trails, parking areas and bog bridges, assist in habitat restoration, remove invasive species, and much more.
August 29, 2015: Volunteers Needed at Mount Everett State Reservation. All are welcome!!
Join TNC, the Appalachian Trail Conservancy, and Mass DCR for a rewarding day of removing invasive Japanese Stilt Grass.
Sept 26, 2015: Volunteers Needed at Roger and Virginia Drury Preserve in Sheffield, MA. All are welcome!!
Help TNC complete construction of the new and beautiful boardwalk!!
- Indoor Volunteer Opportunities. As much as we love the outdoors, we still need work done in the office. Below are current volunteer opportunities.
Great Barrington Office. We are in need of a volunteer in our western Massachusetts field office, located in Great Barrington, to help with office needs such as filing, research and scanning/organizing photographs. Additionally, experience or interest in GIS would be extremely helpful. If interested please fill out the volunteer interest form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteer at Our Preserves.
Western Massachusetts. We are in need of volunteers in Western Massachusetts to conduct field work alongside interns and Conservancy staff. Tasks would include invasive species removal, monitoring, and preserve boundary work in the Berkshire Mountains. Volunteers should be in good health and enjoy the outdoors. If interested please fill out the volunteer interest form and return to email@example.com.
- Volunteer Opportunities Nationwide. Are you traveling to another state soon and wondering if you can volunteer for The Nature Conservancy while you're there? Learn more about Nature Conservancy volunteer opportunities around the U.S.
- Be a Digital Volunteer.
- Be a part of our global community and join our Great Places Network to get monthly e-news.
- Follow us on Facebook and share our posts with your friends!
If you have any questions about volunteering at The Nature Conservancy, please contact our new Volunteer Coordinator, Laura Cook: 617-532-8311. Thank you for your interest.
TNC has eight conservation regions, a conservation strategies group and a Worldwide Office. Search Jobs