Future of Nature Boston Speaker Series
Join the conversation and be part of the future!See the video!
Join leading thinkers from Boston and beyond for discussions about solutions to some of the most pressing environmental challenges we face.
The Future of Fish: Can We Bring Global
Fisheries Back From the Brink?
Calderwood Pavilion, Wimberley Theatre
527 Tremont St, Boston, MA 02116
Reception 5:30 pm; talk at 6:30 pm
Many fish populations globally are in decline, due to changing ecosystems and fishing pressure. Even New England’s famed Atlantic cod is struggling, bringing this global challenge very close to home. How can fishermen and scientists work together to save our fisheries? Can innovative solutions change the paradigm?
- Roger Berkowitz, President and CEO, Legal Sea Foods
- Paul Greenberg,* award-winning author of “Four Fish”
- John Pappalardo, CEO, Cape Cod Commercial Fishermen’s Alliance
- Mike Tetreault, Executive Director, The Nature Conservancy in Maine
Moderated by Deborah Becker, Senior Correspondent and Host at WBUR.
The Future of Nature 2015 Boston Speaker Series is made possible by the generosity of Marilyn and Jay Sarles, David and Susan Leathers, and Eaglemere Foundation.
* For more information on Paul Greenberg, please visit www.prhspeakers.com.