Are You Interested In...
- Helping the environment?
- Working with others who share your love of nature?
- Contributing your time and skills to an organization you believe in?
- Broadening your resume and life experiences?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, we've got some great opportunities for you. Volunteers help The Nature Conservancy devote more of our funds to conservation, keeping our effectiveness high and our costs low.
View highlights from a day spent along the Anacostia River connecting people and nature.
Volunteer with us! How to get started:
- Download and fill out the volunteer information form (pdf)
- Check out the Work Day FAQ for answers to commonly asked questions
- Explore our current listings of volunteer opportunities
- Attend an outdoor workday. Don't be intimidated by our rough-and-ready descriptions. Unless otherwise noted, anyone in good condition can pitch in!
Meet the next generation of conservationists!
Our Wish List
If you have any of these items that you no longer use, please consider donating them to The Nature Conservancy! Contact Deborah Landau at email@example.com.
- Dissecting microscope - If you have one that’s gathering dust, we can put it to good use for everything from identifying grasses to counting tree rings
- Working GPS Units
- Digital Camera
- Plant Press
Additional Volunteer Opportunities
Help Out at Events
Are you an outgoing person who has a passion for the environment? We're looking for volunteers to represent the Conservancy at local outreach events. Call Kate Arion at 301-897-8570 ext. 204, or send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Worldwide Office volunteer opportunities in Arlington, VA, please contact Jeff Perlow at email@example.com.