Are You Interested In...
- Helping the environment?
- Working with others who share your love of nature?
- Contributing your time and skills to an organization you believe in?
- Broadening your resume and life experiences?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, we've got some great opportunities for you. Volunteers help The Nature Conservancy devote more of our funds to conservation, keeping our effectiveness high and our costs low.
- Download and fill out the volunteer information form (pdf)
- Get more information about our volunteer workdays
- Attend an outdoor workday — explore volunteer opportunities!
Meet some of our youngest volunteers!
Our Wish List
The Land Management Team needs a field-worthy vehicle! If you have an old (but reliable) pick-up truck, SUV, or similar vehicle that is available for donation, we would put it to good use. Our field crews need a vehicle they can use to conduct restoration and monitoring work on our preserves throughout Maryland. The truck they are currently using (donated to us in 2008) has well over 200,000 miles and is not going to make it through this field season. We need your help!
Please contact Deborah Landau (email@example.com or 301-897-8570 x211) if you have a vehicle you would consider donating. Thank you!
We are also in need of smaller items. If you have any of these items that you no longer use, please consider donating them to The Nature Conservancy! Contact Deborah Landau at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dissecting microscope - If you have one that’s gathering dust, we can put it to good use for everything from identifying grasses to counting tree rings
- Working GPS Units
- Digital Camera
- Plant Press
- Staple Gun
Additional Volunteer Opportunities
Help Out at Events
Are you an outgoing person who has a passion for the environment? We're looking for volunteers to represent the Conservancy at local outreach events. Call Kate Arion at 301-897-8570 ext. 204, or send her an email at email@example.com.
For Worldwide Office volunteer opportunities in Arlington, VA, please contact Anne Cochran at firstname.lastname@example.org.