Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at (207) 729-5182, ext 250.
Volunteer Field Work
Volunteer Field Work Assistant works with Stewardship staff throughout Maine to:
- Help mark preserve boundaries and post necessary signage.
- Work on trail construction and maintenance including the use of carpentry skills to construct boardwalk.
- Help control invasive species.
- Help with ecological monitoring
Work on these projects will be scheduled for particular preserves on an “as needed” basis. Volunteers will be notified of time and place by email or phone.
NEW OPPORTUNITY: Volunteers are needed this summer on occasional overnight trips to northern Maine to assist TNC staff on monitoring and stewardship projects.
Most projects will be located in the Conservancy's St. John River project, Debsconeag Lakes Wilderness Area, or Big Reed Preserve. Field work may involve long days, 2 or 3 night trips, hiking long distances, and working in inclement weather. Backwoods experience is required. Transportation and lodging (rustic cabin or tent) provided.
We need volunteers to help with several projects at The Nature Conservancy office in Brunswick. Some of these projects can be done from home. Please use your skills to help us accomplish these very important jobs.
Develop Filing System
Develop and implement filing system for Associate State Director’s office. Does not include actual filing, just developing system.
- Scan conservation easement baseline documents from the pre-digital age to provide digital backup for critical historic documents.
- Scan and label historic photoplot slides from Crystal Bog
Screen select ponds for boat ramps using digital aerial photos (requires knowledge of ArcGIS)