NO PURCHASE OR DONATION NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR DONATION WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of Maine who are eighteen (18) or older. Employees of The Nature Conservancy and of Mt Abram in Greenwood, Maine, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees, are not eligible to enter.
2. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by The Nature Conservancy, 4245 North Fairfax Drive, Suite 100, Arlington, VA 22203-1606 (“Sponsor”).
3. How to Enter: Visit the “Sweepstakes” tab at the “Maine Nature Conservancy” Facebook page and complete the entry form, including all contact information: http://facebook.com/ME.NatureConservancy. By entering, you indicate your full agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Entries will be accepted from noon Thursday, Jan. 23 through noon Thursday, Feb. 6.
4. Drawing: At approximately noon on Feb. 6, 2014 The Nature Conservancy in Maine will select twelve (12) winners in a random drawing of all entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received.
5. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winner: The Nature Conservancy will send official notification by email and/or phone within three (3) business days of the drawing. All potential winners may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility, a W-9 form for tax reporting purposes and a liability/publicity release within two weeks. If a potential winner meets the eligibility requirements but is a minor in his/her state, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the documents on his/her behalf. If a potential winner fails to sign and return these documents within the required time period, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all remaining entries received. One alternate potential winner will contacted for each prize, should the winner decline the prize or fail to respond by the deadline.
6. Prize: Each of the 12 winners will receive a pair of one-day adult lift tickets for Mt Abram in Greenwood, Maine, valued at $49 each, for a total value of $98. A winner is responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above (including equipment rentals). Any prize details not specified above will be determined by The Nature Conservancy (Sponsor) in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. A winner may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
7. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, Sponsor may either suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes or award the prizes at random from among the entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
8. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) printing errors; (c) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (d) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (e) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
9. Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Maine. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Maine, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Maine or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Maine.
10. Results: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: The Nature Conservancy in Maine, Attn. Skistakes 2014, 14 Maine St., Suite 401, Brunswick, ME, 04011. Requests must be received by Feb 28, 2014.