Learn more about the 2013 Conservation Day at the Statehouse and register today!
The Indiana Conservation Alliance (INCA) is a group of approximately 30 organizations sharing a common interest in the protection, stewardship and sustainable use of our natural resources.
INCA's 2013 State Legislative Priorities:
- $2 million/year for the Indiana Heritage Trust
- $2.5 million/year for the Bicentennial Nature Trust
- $1.3 million/year for Clean Water Indiana and Indiana Department of Agriculture, Division of Soil
- We support HB 1202/SB 546 which requires retailers/lawn care professionals to provide consumer education on the need to reduce the use of lawn fertilizers containing phosphorus to protect water quality.
- We oppose HB 1194 which would legalize the shooting of deer in fenced enclosures.
- We support passage of HB 1011 which would improve and expand public transit in central Indiana.
Member groups include:
- Amos Butler Audubon
- Central Indiana Land Trust, Inc.
- Central Indiana Wilderness Club
- Eagle Creek Park Foundation–Citizens Advisory Committee
- Earth Charter Indiana
- Hoosier Chapter of the Soil and Water Conservation Society
- Hoosier Environmental Council
- Hoosier Heartland RC&D
- Hoosier Hikers Council
- Indiana Association of Soil and Water Conservation Districts
- Indiana Chapter of the American Fisheries Society
- Indiana Chapter of The Wildlife Society
- Indiana Forest and Woodland Owners Association
- Indiana Lakes Management Society
- Indiana Land Protection Alliance
- Indiana Native Plant and Wildflower Society
- Indiana Organic Gardeners Association
- Indiana Park and Recreation Association
- Indiana Recycling Coalition
- Indiana Society of American Foresters
- Indiana Urban Forest Council
- Indiana Wildlife Federation
- Izaak Walton League
- Save the Dunes Conservation Fund
- Sierra Club
- Sycamore Land Trust
- The Nature Conservancy