Latest News & Features
Find out why you should vote to restore Indian River Lagoon on November 8.
Natural structures like oyster reefs, mangrove stands and marshes help protect Florida's coastline.
See how we're working to ensure thriving populations of far-ranging wild animals like black bears.
See how we're studying the influence competitor species have on restored coral colonies to help restore reefs.
Thanks to a grant from The Nature Conservancy students at a Miami high school planted a native garden and are learning about the ecological history of their community.
Learn about this first step in reestablishing the oyster populations that once flourished throughout the Charlotte Harbor Estuary.
See how a simple solution helps navigate spawning fish through a dam on the Apalachicola River.
Watch a video about our work in Florida.
With 1,200 miles of coastline, Florida is “ground zero” for storm surge. We've released a new suite of web-based tools to help protect our vulnerable coastlines.
- October 21, 2016
- The Nature Conservancy’s Wagner Creek Greenspace Restoration Project Awarded $20,000 Grant from The Miami Foundation’s Public Space Challenge
- October 20, 2016
- Oyster Habitat Restoration Project Underway
- September 30, 2016
- The Nature Conservancy Supports the Bipartisan Climate Solutions Commission Act
- September 12, 2016
- Initiative to Restore One Million Corals Launches in Florida and the Caribbean
- August 30, 2016
- The Nature Conservancy Applauds Passage of Amendment 4
- August 04, 2016
- Column: BP's payments for gulf restoration reveal the value of the Gulf of Mexico
- July 13, 2016
- New Oyster Reef Comes to Life in Punta Gorda
- June 16, 2016
- The Nature Conservancy Launches Fundraising Campaign in an Effort To “Keep Bears in the Woods”
- May 25, 2016
- The Nature Conservancy Congratulates Greater Miami and the Beaches on Being Named to the 100 Resilient Cities Network
- May 23, 2016
- Rep. Curbelo, Mayor Gimenez and County Commissioner Sosa Speak Out On Climate Challenges, Need for Solutions
- April 20, 2016
- Energy Bill Passed By Senate a Win for Natural Resources
- March 29, 2016
- Building Climate Resilience with Nature
- February 16, 2016
- The Nature Conservancy Receives USDA Regional Conservation Partnership Funding to Protect Lands in Everglades Headwaters
- February 12, 2016
- February 21-27 is National Invasive Species Awareness Week
- February 04, 2016
- The Nature Conservancy and Big Cat Rescue Release Two Bobcats at Venus Flatwoods Preserve
- January 26, 2016
- The Nature Conservancy and Partners Conduct Controlled Burn on 12,000 Acres to Restore Longleaf Pine Forests