NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States who are eighteen (18) or older. Employees of The Nature Conservancy, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees, are not eligible to enter.
2. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by The Nature Conservancy, 4245 North Fairfax Drive, Suite 100, Arlington, VA 22203-1606 (“Sponsor”).
3. How to Enter: Fill out the online entry form on: https://www.facebook.com/tncfl or nature.org/evergladesbackwater with your name, mailing address, and email address. The Sweepstakes will begin at 5 p.m. on Monday, February 25, 2013 [Eastern Time] and run through 5:00 p.m. on Monday, April 22, 2013 [Eastern Time].
There is a limit of one (1) entry per person. Additional entries will be void. By entering, you indicate your full agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding.
4. Drawing: At approximately 10 a.m. on Wednesday, April 24, 2013, Sponsor will select one (1) potential winner in a random drawing of all entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received.
5. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winner: If the potential winner is not present at the time of the drawing, Sponsor will attempt to notify him/her within ten (10) business days of the drawing. A potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility, a W-9 form for tax reporting purposes and a liability/publicity release. If a potential winner meets the eligibility requirements but is a minor in his/her state, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the documents on his/her behalf. If a potential winner fails to sign and return these documents within the required time period, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all remaining entries received. Only three (3) alternate potential winners may be contacted.
6. Prize: One (1) winner will receive a Florida Everglades Backwater Tour operated by Dragonfly Expeditions for up to four (4) participants with an approximate value of $2,795; duration is 8 hours.
Day trip includes:
• A memory of a lifetime: 99.9% of all visitors to the Everglades never leave the roads and boardwalks to get into the water – but you will!
• Pick-up in South Florida, including Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Naples and Bonita Springs
• All transportation during 8-hour tour timeframe
• Private guided all day tour, approximately 8 hour duration
• Personal driver
• Personal tour guide
• Walking sticks and aquasocks for the wet hike
• 3-course gourmet lunch
EXCLUDED: Guide gratuities, gift purchases, travel to and from South Florida (whether by air, rail, car, etc.).
Booking is subject to availability. Trip must be scheduled by June 28, 2013 for travel in Fall 2013. Because of limitations on water levels, travel must be completed between September 15 and December 31, 2013.
7. The approximate value of the Prize is $2,795.00.
A winner is responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. You may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
8. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, Sponsor may either suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes or award the prizes at random from among the entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
9. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) printing errors; (c) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (d) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (e) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Florida. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Florida or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Florida.
11. Results: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: 317 Needles Court, Longwood, FL 32779. Requests must be received by May 23, 2013.