NO PURCHASE OR TEXT MESSAGE NECESSARY. NEITHER A PURCHASE NOR A TEXT MESSAGE WILL INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Santa Cruz Island Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the United States who are eighteen (18) or older by May 13, 2011. Employees of The Nature Conservancy or other companies associated with the Sweepstakes, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible to enter.
2. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by The Nature Conservancy, 201 Mission Street, 4th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105 (“Sponsor”).
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the Sweepstakes, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 pm EST on February 1, 2011 and ends at 12:00 pm EST on May 13, 2011. Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
5. How to Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter:
Sign Up to Receive Mobile Alerts from The Nature Conservancy: Text “TNC” to 50555 and you will receive a confirmation message in return. When you reply to the message, you will receive a Sweepstakes entry and be signed up to receive 1-2 text messages per month from Sponsor. SMS service is available on most carriers. You are responsible for any Message and Data Rates that May Apply. Reply STOP to 50555 to STOP. Reply HELP to 50555 for HELP.
Full terms: http://www.mgive.com/terms/e
Enter Online: Visit my.nature.org/forms/santa-cruz.html, complete the entry form, and submit.
For all Entries: There is a limit of one (1) entry per person, regardless of method of entry. Entries will not be acknowledged. The use of an agency or any automated system to enter is strictly prohibited and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries received through such methods, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
6. Drawing: On or about May 25, 2011, Sponsor will select two (2) potential winners in a random drawing of all entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received.
7. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: Sponsor will attempt to notify potential winners within ten (10) business days of the drawing. Except where prohibited, a potential winner will be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If the winner is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the documents on his/her behalf. If a potential winner fails to sign and return these documents within the required time period, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all remaining entries received. Only three (3) alternate potential winners may be contacted.
8. Prizes: Two (2) winners will each receive a trip for two (2) to Santa Cruz Island. The prize includes (a) round-trip ferry transportation from Ventura, CA to Santa Cruz Island, (b) one night of accommodations at a historic ranch, (c) dinner and breakfast on the Island, and (c) time with scientists on the Island. The prize does not include transportation to or from Ventura, CA. The trip is currently scheduled to take place on June 25-26, 2011 but may be changed due to inclement weather. A backup date has been set, if necessary, for July 30-31, 2011, also subject to change due to inclement weather. Sponsor is not responsible for any costs a winner may incur if the trip is canceled or changed for any reason. If a winner cannot travel on the specified dates, he/she will forfeit the prize. The winner’s guest will be required to sign a liability and publicity release prior to taking the trip. If the winner’s guest is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the documents on his/her behalf. The approximate value of each prize is $1,000. A winner is responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. You may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
9. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize(s) at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. In the event of a dispute as to a mobile entry, the authorized account holder of the phone number used to enter will be deemed the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned the phone number by a wireless carrier. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
10. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, mobile telephone, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
11. Privacy and Publicity: Any information you submit as part of the Sweepstakes will be used for purposes of this Sweepstakes and treated in accordance with Sponsor’s Privacy Statement. Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes an entrant’s consent to Sponsor’s use of his/her name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, and state of residence for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California.
13. Results: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to The Nature Conservancy, Marketing-MRC California, Attn: SCI Winner List; 201 Mission Street, 4th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105. Requests must be received by July 1, 2011.September 22, 2011