Make a Difference
Help protect the Golden State and join us as we work to conserve and restore the most ecologically important lands and waters of California. Join an event near you or help scientists with their work by joining a citizen science project. Protecting nature is not just our job, it’s yours too!
- Find events across the state.
- Check out volunteer opportunities with our partner organizations.
- Join a citizen science project.
A big thank you to all the volunteers who have been doing such great work! With your help we are able to make great strides forward in conservation and restoration work across California.
Email us to sign up and be the first to know about our upcoming volunteer days, or check back to this page for additional information on upcoming opportunities.
For more information:
Volunteer Program for The Nature Conservancy in California
Ways to Volunteer
In addition to volunteer events focused on restoration and conservation work—what we like to call “hands-in-dirt” projects—we are also always looking for and open to other types of volunteering you may be interested in.
Examples include but are certainly not limited to:
- Photography of preserves or conservation work.
- In-office help with filing, clerical and other administrative work.
- Specialized support of staff such as GIS mapping, monitoring of research projects, etc.
- Helping with community outreach and volunteer events, acting as a docent at a preserve or leading tours.
- Expert volunteers, engineers, scientists, lawyers, accountants and others can offer their expertise and support conservation projects in California and around the globe.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about current volunteer opportunities.
Volunteer Opportunities Nationwide
Are you traveling to another state soon and wondering if you can volunteer for The Nature Conservancy while you're there? Learn more about Nature Conservancy volunteer opportunities around the U.S.
Connect With Us
Be a part of our global community! Join our Great Places Network to get monthly e-news from California and beyond.