Food. Sometimes it literally is a beautiful thing. Whether it’s a picture-perfect tomato fresh off the vine or a work of art brought to your table at a gourmet restaurant—just one look can make your mouth water.
Got a favorite food photo or two? We want to see your best shots! So share your passion — and your pics — and show the world what you love about food.
You can submit your photos to our Flickr page (see details below) and tag them with “CAFood-TNC12”; and feel free to include as many details about the photo as you’d like.
Make sure to check back regularly as we'll be highlighting some of the best of your photos on our website and on our Facebook page...and the next one may be yours!
Submitting Photos for California Foodie of the Week
If you've been following The Nature Conservancy in California on Facebook, you know all about Foodie of the Week. Each week between May 1 and June 21 we'll feature a different sustainable California ingredient. At the beginning of each week, we'll ask you to submit a set of five photos that show how to make your favorite dish that features the ingredient of the week. At the end of each week, we'll pick our favorite set of photos and name the photographer our Foodie of the Week.
When submitting photos for Foodie of the Week, please keep the following in mind:
- Each week's ingredient will be announced on Monday. You have until midnight on Thursday of the same week to submit your sets of photos by following the Flickr upload instructions below.
- You can only be named Foodie of the Week once.
- The Foodie of the Week will be announced on The Nature Conservancy in California Facebook page each Friday from May 1 to June 21. Each Foodie of the Week's set of photos will be featured as an album on The Nature Conservancy in California Facebook page, and one of these photos will also be featured as The Nature Conservancy in California's Facebook profile photo until the next Foodie of the Week is named.
Not Familiar with Flickr™?
Flickr is an online photo-sharing website that is made up of many groups, including a Nature Conservancy group. You can add your photos to the Nature Conservancy photo-sharing group and quickly enter many images for others to see.
Submit Your Photos using Flickr™
To add a photo to Flickr, just follow these easy steps:
- Log on—To submit your photos via Flickr™, use your Yahoo!® ID to login to www.flickr.com. If you do not have an account, you can sign up for free. (Please note: If your account is new, you’ll need to upload at least 5 photos before you’ll be able to see your images on Flickr™. After that minimum has been reached, it shouldn't take more than a few days for your photos to appear in searches, groups, etc.)
- Upload an image—After logging in, upload your images.
- Join The Nature Conservancy's Flickr group—If you are not already a member of The Nature Conservancy's group on Flickr™, join by clicking "Join?" on the group's homepage.
- Send the image to our group—Browse to the image you wish to submit for the call for photos, click on the "Actions" drop-down menu above the image and select "add to/remove from group" to add your photograph to The Nature Conservancy's photo pool.
- Tag it!—Once you've added your photo to the group, tag each photo with CAFood-TNC12 through the "Tags" feature in the right-hand column of the individual photo's page.
Legal Details and Your Rights
You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit—including ownership, if applicable—other than those rights licensed in the next sentence.
By submitting your photo using CAFood-TNC12, you hereby grant to The Nature Conservancy (i) a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display and publicly perform the photographs you submit to The Nature Conservancy and (ii) the right to use your name, city, state and country of residence in promotions and other publications.
Thanks for sharing your photos with us and with the world. We’re getting hungry already!