Share Your Photographs of the Beautiful Gulf Coast
Many are wondering and concerned about the Gulf Coast – everything from the shrimp, the oysters, the crabs to its sunsets and the people who depend on this treasured ecological landscape in North America.
Please use the tag “Gulf-TNC09” and upload any Gulf coast images you have to let those in the Gulf know our thoughts are with them and to help inspire more to get involved in supporting the restoration efforts along its coast.
From clear-running streams to upland forests, from bottomland swamps to coastal marshes, Alabama's natural beauty and diversity is abundant. These lands and waters fuel the ecomony, provide boundless recreational opportunities, supply our drinking water and irrigate our harvests.
Help us tell the story of Alabama's natural heritage by sharing your photographs with us through Flickr™.
Your images have the power to inspire others while helping to conserve vital natural resources throughout the great state of Alabama.
Not Familiar with Flickr™?
Flickr is an online photo sharing Web site that is made up of many groups, including a Nature Conservancy group. You can add your photos to The Nature Conservancy's photo-sharing group and quickly enter many images for others to see.
Submit Your Photos using Flickr™
To add a photo to Flickr™, just follow these easy steps:
1. Log on — To submit your photos via Flickr™, use your Yahoo!® ID to login to www.flickr.com. If you do not have an account, you can sign-up for free.
2. Join The Nature Conservancy's Flickr group. If you are not already a member of The Nature Conservancy's group on Flickr™, join by clicking "Join this Group?" on the group's homepage.
3. Upload an image — After logging in,upload your images using the form provided.
4. Send the Image to Our Group — Browse to the image you wish to submit for the contest, and use the "Send to Group" function above the image to add your photograph to The Nature Conservancy's photo pool.
5. Tag it! — Once added to the group, tag each photo with the phrase Gulf-TNC09 through the "tag" feature in the right-hand column of the individual photo's page.
Legal Details // Your Rights
You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit — including ownership if applicable — other than those rights licensed in the next sentence.
By submitting your photo using Gulf-TNC09, you hereby grant to The Nature Conservancy (i) a nonexclusive, royalty-free license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display and publicly perform the photographs you submit to The Nature Conservancy, and (ii) the right to use your name, city, state and country of residence in promotions and other publications. Looking for more details? Check out the legal conditions concerning your submission.
We look forward to seeing your photos!April 12, 2011