OFFICIAL RULES FOR THE NEW ORLEANS JAZZ FESTIVAL SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR DONATION NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR DONATION WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States who are eighteen (18) or older. Employees, board members, and trustees of The Nature Conservancy, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees, board members, and trustees are not eligible to enter.
- Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by The Nature Conservancy, 4245 North Fairfax Drive, Suite 100, Arlington, VA 22203-1606 (“Sponsor”). This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored by, endorsed by, administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- Entry Period: The Sweepstakes will begin at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time on Friday, March 1, 2013 and will end at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time on Friday, March 29, 2013 (“Entry Period”). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: Complete and submit the online entry form during the Entry Period on the Gulf of Mexico Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/NatureConservancyGulf/app_170453423103794 or nature.org/jazzfest web site with your name, a U.S. mailing address, and email address. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person. Additional entries will be void. By entering, you indicate your full agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding.
- Digital Member: By entering the Sweepstakes, you will automatically become a digital member of The Nature Conservancy. This membership includes special event invitations and a monthly e-newsletter. There is no cost for this membership, and you may cancel and unsubscribe at any time.
- Drawing: On or about Monday, April 1, 2013, Sponsor will select one (1) potential winner in a random drawing of all entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received. Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winner within five (5) business days after the drawing.
- Requirements of Potential Winner: In order to win the prize, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility, a W-9 form for tax reporting purposes and a liability/publicity release. If a potential winner meets the eligibility requirements but is a minor in his/her state, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the documents on his/her behalf. If a potential winner fails to sign and return these documents to Sponsor within ten (10) business days after the Sponsor notifies the potential winner, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all remaining entries received. Only three (3) alternate potential winners may be contacted.
- Prize: One (1) winner will receive two (2) Big Chief VIP ticket packages for the second weekend of the 2013 New Orleans JazzFest to be held in New Orleans, Louisiana. These ticket packages may only be used for attending the event on the days of May 2, 3, 4, and 5, 2013. For details of the Big Chief VIP ticket packages, please visit the official website of the New Orleans JazzFest. The total approximate value of the prize is $2,550.00. The prize will only be shipped to the U.S. address indicated in the winner’s entry. Gratuities, parking, travel to and from New Orleans (whether by air, rail, car, etc.), lodging, and ground transportation to and from JazzFest are not included.
The winner is responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. You may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, Sponsor may either suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes or award the prizes at random from among the entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the owner. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, their respective parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Louisiana. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Louisiana, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Louisiana or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Louisiana.
- Results: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: The Nature Conservancy, Attn: Avalyn Taylor, 2013 JazzFest Sweepstakes,The Nature Conservancy in Louisiana, PO Box 4125, Baton Rouge, LA 70821. Requests must be received by September 1, 2013.