By scaling our efforts region-wide, we have an opportunity to do things right for the most robust surviving landscape of its kind.
- To focus on restoring what is damaged and protecting what still thrives.
- To help the original stewards of this land and other local people improve resource management in these forest and marine habitats.
- To support new sustainable harvest practices, and cultivate businesses that will benefit communities in this landscape and beyond.
Pushing On An Open Door
Our Goal: Transform management of forests and other resources across the Emerald Edge to sustain healthy natural systems, economies and the vitality of local communities who drive conservation efforts in the largest intact temperate rainforest.
Our prospective partners are willing and ready to protect this landscape for the future. Together, we’ll step through to a new kind of conservation win: one that sets the blueprint for sustainability that’s driven by empowered local people across the globe.
How We're Helping
At The Nature Conservancy, we protect and restore the Emerald Edge by:
- Restoring and sustainably managing old-growth forest systems for thriving communities.
- Improving policies and practices to ensure a healthy living ocean.
- Sparking entrepreneurship in rural communities and supporting sustainable solutions for diverse coastal economies.